TIPS - May 2005
How to print
the last page of every PDF file.
Products required are:
PDF Addon Plus &
1. Run Rapid PDF Count, add the pdf files to the list, then click
Report/Scripts menu-->Run/Create/Save script on all files.
2. In the script for every file: (middle edit box), enter:
Yes ;[FILENAME];1 ;Ready. ; ; ; ;-s[COUNT]|-e[COUNT]|-h1|-x1|-a1
3. Click create list and save to test.aob
4. Run Batch & Print Pro, click Addons menu-->Batch File-->Load,
open the test.aob
5. Click print
How to append 1 blank page to every odd
page PDF file.
Products required are:
PDF U Append Desktop Edition
1. Startup Rapid PDF Count, add all your pdf files to the list &
2. Sort on odd/even pages by sort menu
3. Highlight all the odd files (they will be all together), use
shift key and left mouse.
4. Right mouse and select 'Run/Create/Save script on files
5. In the script for every file: (middle edit box) enter:
[FILENAME]; all; 4; Ready.; ; c:\output\[FILETITLE]; Y; Y; Y; N \r\nC:\blank.pdf;
all; 4; Ready.; ; c:\output\[FILETITLE]; Y; N; Y; N
(make sure a space is on the end of the last N)
c:\blank.pdf is the 1 page to insert, you may want to change that & the
output folder c:\output\)
6. Click create list and save to mylist.app
7. Open up PDF U Append and select file menu-->load batch file
and select the mylist.app
8. click append files button
How to run Batch & Print Pro in the background
like a service.
Product required is:
This workaround adds the program as a
scheduled task so every time you reboot the machine it will run Batch &
Print Pro without the user manually logging into the system.
1. Click control panel-->scheduled tasks
2. Click "Add scheduled task"
3. Click "Next" button, browse and look for: "C:\Program
Files\Traction Software\Batch & Print Pro\Batch And Print.exe"
4. In the perform this task: click the "When my computer starts"
radio button & click "Next" button
5. Enter your Login details and password & click "Next" button,
Note: this login must have access to the printers you are using
in that users profile
6. Click "Open advanced properties..." checkbox and click
7. In the advanced properties click Settings tab and uncheck stop
the task if it runs for. (default 72 hours)
1. Add Batch & Print Pro as scheduled task to execute each time
2. Restart Server
3. Logon and verify BATCHA~1.EXE is a process that is running.
4. Printed test file by pasting a file into a directory that is
5. Restart Server
6. Printed test file by pasting a file into a directory that is
(did not logon to server after restart)